Name: Ajay Sharma
Business address: ABHINAV
307, 3rd Floor, Devika Tower, Building No.6,
Nehru Place, New Delhi-110019
Fax: + 911141552514
Brief life and career history
Ajay Sharma was born, in the year 1962, to an average working class Indian Family. Youngest among three children, his upbringing was influenced and grounded by strong middle class financial realities, ethics and values. His father served for Government of India in administrative departments for close to 40 years. His mother has been and continues to be a Homemaker.
A Business economist by learning, Ajay Sharma passed his Bachelors in Commerce (Honors) in the year 1983. This was followed by Masters in Business Economics (MBE) in the year 1985. Both the qualifications were earned at prestigious Delhi University.
Post MBE qualification, One year was spent in deciding on future career moves that included preparation for Indian civil services examination.
His entrepreneurial career started in 1989 and he continues to be self-employed till date.
August 1989 to mid of 1994, Ajay Sharma tried his hands at and was involved in various business activities that included recruitment and placements, exports, international and domestic trading of ICT products and software’s.
Career as an Immigration and visa advisor
Towards late 1994, Ajay Sharma started accepting the mandate(s) for immigration and Visa consulting services for general skilled applicants including professionals and trades person. He learned the finer aspects and knowledge skills related to immigration and visa industry under the most reputed of legal luminaries in Canada. Canada was primary destination at the time. With time others Australia, New Zealand, UK, Denmark, Ireland and many other countries joined the race to attract skilled migrants from India and other demographically. All these years and since 1994, Ajay Sharma has worked with the reputed registered migration agents, immigration specialists and where required with immigration lawyers. Where permitted and possible, Ajay Sharma has extensive experience in dealing with Immigration departments and consulate offices.
Ajay Sharma runs the Immigration and visa consulting business in the name of ABHINAV. The business started in 1994 and continues to be operational till date and in the same name.
Ajay Sharma is authorized immigration advisor for Desjardins, Canada. This is among world’s top 100 financial institutions. In India, ABHINAV markets the IMMIGRANT INVESTOR PROGRAM for Desjardins. This is a program meant for high net worth individuals and their families.
Ajay Sharma is an accepted and established authority on the subject of worldwide Immigration and permanent residency options- general skills, professionals, trades person, businessmen and Investors.
Ajay Sharma has written on subjects such as international skills shortages, recruitment’s and global relocation and settlement solutions, extensively for majority of well known Indian publications like Times of India, Business standard, Hindustan Times, The Hindu and so on. Copies of some of these published articles can be provided on request.
Ajay Sharma has unique business networks and knowledge as regards skilled shortages in North America and ASEAN countries.
Besides Business and investor programs offered by various countries; Ajay Sharma has good knowledge and understanding as regards the following:
- National occupational classifications definitions followed by CIC (Citizenship and Immigration, Canada)
- ASCO classifications and related definitions followed by Department of Citizenship and Immigration, Australia.
- Policies areas related to general skilled category vis-à-vis New Zealand Immigration service
- HSMP and newly announced Tier 1 program managed by UK Home office
Experience in other significant capacities
- Ajay Sharma was on the board of governors of Business and community foundation for two years (2001 and 2002). The Business & Community Foundation (BCF) is a not for profit society registered in 1998 under the Societies Registration Act 1860. It was established in New Delhi by eminent persons and had its genesis with the Prince of Wales Business Leaders Forum, UK. During these two years, he extensively worked on social work areas related to drug rehabilitation, education and technical training of street children.
- Ajay Sharma was the member of Hydrocarbons Education & Research Society – a non-profit Society based at New Delhi, India. I was member of the society from 22nd of March 2002 and till December 15th 2003. These were the crucial years that made future plans and strategies for the society. The society went on to establish University of Petroleum and Energy studies . The main aim of the Society is to develop and provide professional education and in the field of energy management, petroleum, electric power & non-conventional energy resources.
- For close to two years, from 2004 and till 2006, Ajay Sharma was also managing the Delhi based events company, DIRECT ASSOCIATES PRIVATE LIMITED. The company managed events of prestigious accounts like Reebok, Swatch group, HBO and Microsoft- to name a few. Ajay owns 100% equity in this business.
Ajay Sharma has experience of dealing with International Business and diplomatic community and has an understanding of cross cultural – business, social and etiquette- issues.
Ajay Sharma wears many hats – businessmen, entrepreneur, consultant, advisor, writer, event manager and a social worker. As a first generation entrepreneur, he has close to 20 years of experience in managing finances, human and materials resource of different kind of businesses- ranging from trading (domestic and international), Manufacturing, recruitment’s, Immigration and visas and events management. His core expertise is international dealings and business development.
His hobbies include international travels, business and social networking and reading. He is well informed on issues related to world polity and economy.
Ajay Sharma’s past travels have taken him to countries that include USA, UK, Canada, Japan, Australia, New Zealand, Taiwan, China, Hong Kong, Singapore, Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Thailand, Philippines, Saint Kitts, Switzerland, and Germany – amongst many others.