Manitoba Provincial Nominee Programme (MPNP) for Business personal is a welcoming doorway for those who wish to acquire the prized and the much sought after Canadian Permanent Residency (PR) status. The beautiful province is located between Ontario and Saskatchewan.
Every year–mainly due to country’s robust economy and high standard of living–a large number of people migrate to the ‘Land of Milk and Honey’. And, as per the records, roughly 15,000 people settle in Manitoba alone.
The province’s economy is majorly based on agriculture and natural resources. It is also one of the major diving sources of the Canadian economy. Prospective immigrants, who wish to migrate to Manitoba, are encouraged and are provided support to start their own business venture. This is a major Federal Immigration Programme with sub class, such as Self-Employed Programme, Investor Programme, and Entrepreneur Programme.
Applicants with the required experience and capabilities are granted Manitoba Provincial Nomination Certificate, which fast-tracks their immigration process.
The MPNP for Business personals allows the province to nominate, recruit and nominate those qualified business professionals from any part of the world who have an intention to permanently settle in the province with the financial ability–either to start a new business venture or manage an existing one.
Manitoba Provincial Nominee Programme for Business—Major Requirements
In order to qualify, following are the major requirements:
- The applicant must have an experience of at least three years of either running a business or managing at the senior management post.
- Before applying for the MPNP with the intention of gauging prevailing business opportunities, the applicant must have visited the province at least once.
- He must have a personal wealth of about CAD $ 350,000.
- He must be willing to make an equity investment of CAD $ 150,000 within in the province.
- He must agree to make a deposit of CAD $ 75,000 (interest free) with the Manitoba Government, which guarantees the establishment of the proposed business plan in the province within the two years from the date he is granted PR. As soon as the business proposal becomes operational, the amount is returned to the candidate.
Besides the annual target of 5,500, the province has been given additional nomination of 500 to be accepted within the same year. A further 500 nominations will be filled through the newly introduced Express Entry System — a point based system, an initiative of the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC).
Candidates nominated by the province will receive 600 points extra under the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS). Successful aspirants will receive an ‘Invitation to Apply (ITA)’. Thereafter, they can complete the due formalities within 60 days from the date an ITA has been given.
The programme requires the applicant to have a clear intention of not only establishing a business venture but to actively participate in the operational activities as well.
Important: Those who think MPNP for business is a passive investment programme should avoid making an application. If the applicant does not show an interest in actively participating in the business progress his application will be rejected.
Who are not eligible to present an application to the MPNP?
These people, who fall in some specific groups, are not allowed to submit an application to the MPNP:
- Refugee applicants, or people caught in either a federal appeal or exile procedure;
- Skilled Live-in Caregivers presently residing in the Maple Leaf Country;
- Temporary manpower from abroad presently working and living in any Canadian province, except Manitoba;
- Partners of either Citizens or permanent residents of Canada;
- People who have been refused by the MPNP inside the previous 6 months and who powerless to address the ground (s) for negative response; and
- Individuals who have an active visa & immigration petition with any other particular provincial immigration scheme in the Maple Leaf Country.
Summary: Manitoba Provincial Nominee Programme for Business gives an open opportunity to acquire Canadian Permanent Residency by either starting a new or over taking an existing business venture the province. Successful applicants get to enjoy unlimited benefits, and an easy opportunity to permanently settle in the province with their family members.