Structural Engineering is a branch of Civil Engineering that has existed in one form or other since ancient times. The professionals investigate how a structure can be affected by various forces, such as nature, wind, soil, and gravity around the structure.
When we talk about construction and design sector, it is evident that Structural Engineers have an important role to play. From multinational construction companies to small companies building innovative structures is an important aspect that helps in building reputation.
Today, it is important to have a Structural Engineer on board. When it comes to designs and construction of building, their knowledge, expertise and creative skills play a decisive role.
With time, the role of such professionals has enhanced further, and has become a vital part of engineering. Lately, it has been highlighted that Australia, also known as the ‘Land of Kangaroos’ or/and ‘Down Under’, provides an easy opportunity to Structural Engineers for Australia Immigration under the ANZSCO code 233214.
Australia Immigration for Structural Engineers
They scrutinize the statical properties of structures and buildings, evaluate and study the approach, test the durability of materials to be used for construction, design, administer and monitor the construction site. They evaluate and research the structural systems and components. On the basis of their skills, experience and education, they come to a decision which construction technique will proof to be the most cost effective and easy to put into practice. A Structural Engineer on the board can certainly save your time, efforts and money.
Following are some of the responsibilities to be performed by Structural Engineers in ‘Oz’:
- Decide construction material and methods, set quality standards and draft and interpret specifications, plans procedures and designs.
- Systematize and direct site labor and ensure timely delivery of construction machines, equipments and materials, and form detail program for the construction site activities.
- Get hold of rock and soil samples at different depth across the construction site and test samples to establish the strength and other factors that are expected to affect the soil and rock behavior while the structure is imposed.
- Study and scrutinize the structural systems for dynamic and static load.
- Design the physical characteristic of transportation system, such as urban transit, railways, logistical supply system, highway and terminals.
Design structures that do not bend, twist, get deformed or collapse.
- Study architectural designs and drawings to make an educated guess about the total cost, and develop cost plan.
To qualify for Australia Immigration, they are required to hold a graduation degree in Structural engineering or in a related subject. In certain instances, the aspirants may be required and/or on the job training. Higher degree with experience will definitely fetch the candidates a job at higher designation with attractive pay package. They may also be required to obtain the license from the authorized regulatory body.
These professionals may look forward to excellent work opportunity with lucrative remuneration. If they qualify for any of the skilled visa, they may be granted much desired Permanent Residency. Though their movement will remain restricted under the state sponsored category, they are likely to remain one of the highest paid professionals in ‘Oz’.