Federal skilled worker class- Listed occupations
Applications filed –
factors in the skilled worker point’s grid. The six selection factors are: Education; abilities in English and/or French, Canada’s two official languages; work experience; age; whether the applicant has an arranged employment in Canada, and finally adaptability.
Most critical requirement to apply under this option is that the skilled worker who has at least one year of experience in one or more of the following occupations. Do read my simplified review of these listed and get a better understanding of who or who may not qualify to apply for permanent resident visa under the federal skilled worker class.
0111: Financial Managers
0213: Computer and Information Systems Managers
0311: Managers in Health Care
0631: Restaurant and Food Service Managers
0632: Accommodation Service Managers
0711: Construction Managers
1111: Financial Auditors and Accountants
2113: Geologists, Geochemists and Geophysicists
2143: Mining Engineers
2144: Geological Engineers
2145: Petroleum Engineers
3111: Specialist Physicians
3112: General Practitioners and Family Physicians
3141: Audiologists and Speech Language Pathologists
3143: Occupational Therapists
3151: Head Nurses and Supervisors
3152: Registered Nurses
3215: Medical Radiation Technologists
3233: Licensed Practical Nurses
4121: University Professors
4131: College and Other Vocational Instructors
7213: Contractors and Supervisors, Pipefitting Trades
7215: Contractors and Supervisors, Carpentry Trades
7217: Contractors and Supervisors, Heavy Construction Equipment Crews
7241: Electricians (Except Industrial and Power System)
7242: Industrial Electricians
7252: Steamfitters, Pipe fitters and Sprinkler System Installers
7265: Welders and Related Machine Operators
7312: Heavy-Duty Equipment Mechanics
7371: Crane Operators
7372: Drillers and Blasters – Surface Mining, Quarrying and Construction
8221: Supervisors, Mining and Quarrying
8222: Supervisors, Oil and Gas Drilling and Service
9212: Supervisors, Petroleum, Gas and Chemical Processing and Utilities
The four digit codes mentioned prior to Occupation is the applicable code as per the Canadian National Occupational Classification list.
A first glance review of the list is very encouraging. Following broad categories of listed and permitted occupations immediately come to mind:
- Computer and Information technology Engineers and professionals
- Financial auditors, accountants and managers; mostly they will means Chartered accountants, cost accountants. Company secretaries, financial and investment analyst
- Health occupations and professions
- Managerial occupations in Hospitality sector like accommodations and Restaurant managers
- Trades occupations in Hospitality sector like Cooks and chefs
- Engineering and Supervisory trade occupations in mining, oil, Gas and petroleum
- Engineering and supervisory trade occupations in construction and civil
- University professors and college and vocational teachers
Conclusions from above summary of broad categories of listed occupations:
- Majority of identified occupations has many sub-occupation mentions and many applicants may actually be qualifying though their occupation does not appear to be figuring on the face of mentioned occupations. A clear and comprehensive understanding of NOC and its related aspects is critically and very important.
- Almost all general skilled occupations like Sales, marketing, administration, teachers, human resources, bookkeeping etc do not appear in this list and hence are not likely to succeed
for immigration under point based system announced for federal general skills program.
- It is highly unlikely that they will be able to get an arranged employment offer from a Canadian employer as enough human resources under the general skills occupations are available locally and within Canada.
- It will be best that they look for filing immigration applications to another country like Australia, UK, New Zealand, Denmark etc
- Applicants who are high net worth individual and with business experience should consider filing their applications under one of the business and investor visas options.
For More Information, Visit : http://www.abhinav.com/