If you are one of those, who is not only skilled but footloose also, Australia will be an excellent place to move to even while the 189 Visa will be a great Australia skilled immigration visa for you.
Yeah, this visa, which is basically meant for the points-tested skilled workers who do not have sponsorship from either a recruiter/firm or family member or nomination from an Australian state or territory administration, can help you get the prized Permanent Residence (PR) status in the country and earn in dollars!
Australia Skilled Immigration Visa Subcategory 189 Requirements
But you will have to fulfill some key requirements first! Let’s check those requirements!
You could be qualified to present a petition for the visa Subcategory 189 if you get an invitation for application. When you are sent your letter of invitation, it is mandatory that you also have:
- Nominated a profession that is on the pertinent Skilled Occupation List (SOL).
- Received a suitable skills assessment for that particular profession.
- Not still become 50 years old at the time of submitting petition for the Visa Subcategory 189.
- Obtained the score stated in your letter of invitation on the basis of the factors in the points test. You need to get not less than 60 points under the Skilled Visa Points Test.
- Not less than competent English.Demonstrate a minimum level of English language skills. For those with certain passports (particularly the UK, the Republic of Ireland, Canada, the US, or New Zealand) a hypothesis exists that English language is adequate.However, for those minus a passport from one of these nations not only an English language test will require to be attended but a good result obtained as well. A condition to have English language capability is applied by certain migration skills assessment organizations, and also by the Australian Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) to the visa application – and that the reviewing organization’s capability requirement may be higher than for the visa application.
Australia Skilled Immigration Visa Subcategory 189–What You Get?
Since it is basically a Permanent Residence Visa (PRV), you and your family, which has also been given the 189 Visa, can live in the country permanently.
You, along with your family, apart from residing, can also enroll for a study course in the country.
You,along with your family,may register in Medicare–Australia’s scheme for health-related care and expenses.
You, along with your family,may also submit an application for Australian citizenship (in case qualified).
You can offer sponsorship to your qualified relatives for PR.
You,along with your family,can also travel to and from Down Under for a period of five years, from the date the visa is given (post that time, you will require either a Resident Return Visa or a new visa, to come back to Oz).
You, along with your family, can also access certain social security payments.
Some More Info
You have to visit Oz inside a year in order to activate the Australia Skilled Immigration Visa Subcategory 189.After it is done,you have not more than 5 years to really start residing in the country. There are charges applicable for the visa petitions, and this could differ depending on your specific line-of-work. While processing times are 6-10 months roughly, these are subject to change and will differ depending on different grounds.