Being American citizen is dream for anyone, and these days, people are ready to go to any level to gain the citizenship to the United States. In this article, as a reader, one will be able to know about the different visas and methods which can be employed right away to help facilitate the movement to the immigration hotspot.
Green Card Naturalization
This is one of the ways under which an individual can redeem their status to that of a Green Card Holder. The person who has been in the country for five long years in a row, and are above 18 years of age, can apply for the Green Card naturalization. The applicant must be a Green Card Holder for a period of more than five years, and they have applied under the Form N-400–the application for naturalization.
The requirement also demands the applicant to have lived in the state from where they are applying, for a minimum of three months. There are also some other requirements which are as follows:
- Must have lived for 30 months in the nation out of 5 years.
- The applicant is required to stay in the country for a continuous period of time.
- The person should be well versed in English and he should be able to read, write, and speak in English.
- He should have a good past history and must have respect for the constitution of the nation. While assessing and analyzing the application, stress would also be given on the person’s past record, and accordingly there will be final assessment and acceptance for the immigration.
The next best alternative under which an individual can get the Citizenship of the United States is by marrying an American citizen. But merely marrying an American citizen wouldn’t grant citizenship to the applicant, rather, the applicant should be careful to make sure that the following requirements are met in the first place.
- The spouse should be a US citizen and the minimum period of stay in the United States shouldn’t be less than 3 years.
- The spouse should be a permanent citizen of the nation for a period of 3 years.
- The person should be in a marital union with the same person during such time. There is also specific time frame under which the individual must be with the spouse; else their citizenship will be terminated.
Spouse of US Citizen Employed Abroad
The wife of the US citizen employed abroad in some military service, or any other specific kind of government service, can also apply for the citizenship of the United States under section 319 (b) of the naturalization law. In such cases–as these cases are treated as special and not normal cases–the spouse of the US citizen will not have to fulfill the general basics of living in particular state for 3 months, or staying back in the United States for a period of 3 years, from the date of the application.
So, if one is able to meet with the following requirements, they can look forward to the United States for citizenship.
Joining the Military
This is the most prominent gateways for getting recognized, and it helps drive away all uncertainties. Under the immigration programme, there is a special leverage given to those individuals who join the military. For such members, who have joined the military, they can get the way to the nation through the military service act.
The act under section 328 and 329 allows the applicant to get the US citizenship under Immigration and Nationality Act. There is also provision for posthumous naturalization, and under this specific category, the next of the kin and kith would be awarded with US citizenship.
If any United States citizen wants to adopt any person from abroad, who is not older than 18 years of age, would be given the US citizenship right away. But it is important that the child has been admitted to the country as an orphan and subsequently he has been adopted by the US citizen.