If you are thinking of immigrating to a European nation, then you may consider Lithuania. In the last one decade or so immigration to Lithuania has increased tremendously. What attract migrants to Lithuania that they happily leave the opportunity to migrate to other well developed countries are its excellent geographical location and economy.
Geographically, the country is located in the Northern Europe. Apart from its thriving economy, the country is well-known for its mountains, greenery and waterfalls even as it has some of the most picturesque scenic beauties to experience.
Thanks to its wonderful geographical location and an easy gate way to the European Union (EU), today the nation has emerged as an ideal immigration destination. This Baltic nation is the largest and highly populated state of the three Baltic States. It is fully armed with each grain that is required to make a perfect country for migrants for the purpose of study, living, working as a permanent resident, or simply having a great time.
The country became independent only in 1991. Since its independence, it is experiencing fast growth in various sectors. During the last one decade, it has witnessed phenomenal growth and has been regarded as the most rapidly growing economy of the EU. Immigration to Lithuania has rather become a common phenomenon, and people from round-the-world have clearly realized what attract migrants to the beautiful Baltic state.
The two visa categories offered by the Lithuania– Temporary Residence Visa and Permanent Residence Visa are in much demand. Both have their own set of benefits. For those with an intention to start a fresh business venture, or over take/expand an existing one, Temporary Visa is most suitable. Once approved, initially a one year permit is granted that can be extended before the year ends. At a later stage the category can also be converted into Permanent Residence Visa.
Temporary Residence Visa Benefits
- The holder can freely travel to the EU and the Schengen Zone.
- He is entitled to live, work, invest or start/expand a business venture in the EU and the Schengen Zone.
- For potential applicants the category may be converted in to a Lithuania citizenship and national passport.
- Legally the migrants can own a company.
- They are entitled to enjoy social benefits as per the local citizens but are barred from voting.
- Lithuania citizen becomes an automatic citizen of the EU.
Permanent Residence Visa Benefits
- The holders have a right to vote and stand for elections.
- They can become a Lithuania Citizen and have a right to acquire national passport.
- Their immediate family members also enjoy the same status and benefits.
- They have a right to live, work, invest anywhere in the EU and the Schengen Zone. They are even entitled to buy a property.
- They are entitled to travel freely to the EU and the Schengen Zone without acquiring any additional visa.
- They can join the Lithuanian Army or police force.
- They are entitled to acquire a Lithuanian Identity Card.