Canada’s Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) has always been much awaited program by the skilled immigrants worldwide every year. The program proffers one of the golden opportunities to trained professionals to process their applications. Eligible and lucky applicants are selected even though they may not have a job offer from a Canadian employer. The FSWP selects immigrants based on their ability to contribute towards the country’s national economy and progress, with a deadline. The program includes 50 occupations with a cap of 1000 per occupation, per country.
Canada FSW processing stages are various. The first and the foremost include Eligibility Review. This consists of the point based system and securing 67 points out of 100 is mandatory. Applicants are assessed on the basis of six main selection factors, namely, education, work experience, age, language proficiency, adaptability and arranged employment. Additionally, applicants are required to ensure their financial ability to support themselves while they look out for a suitable job.
At this stage, the background and supporting documents of the candidates are verified. Before points are awarded, it is checked of the aspirants’ job duties comply with requirements for that particular NOC and that the documents for experience are satisfactory.
If the applicant successfully scores 67 points, then his submission is transferred to the visa office for a Final Selection Decision. Once the file of the concerned applicant reaches the Visa Office, it is queued up for further processing. Once again the background and the documentation checks are initiated for the petition. Once the documents are re-reviewed, the applicant is not required to appear for a Personal Interview and if a Personal Interview is required the application will be placed in a queue to appear.
The applicants are asked to appear for personal interview only if the authorities have some concerns regarding any the following condition:-
- Verification of the information entered on the forms
- Total completion of the forms
- Authenticity of the documents submitted
- Clarification of the specific information provided to Immigration Canada.
Under the new guidelines, the selection standards are more precise. In most cases, the visa officers have the authority to make a decision to approve or refuse a petition based on the documentation provided by the candidate, without conducting an interview. Normally, well documented application which is complete and filled neatly will automatically increase the chances of an interview waiver.
While assessing a submission, the visa officers consider several factors such as:
- Quality of the petition form and the supporting certificates/papers
- Proof of the applicant’s English or French language capability
- The candidate’s educational qualifications
- The aspirant’s employment experience
- The applicant’s adaptability potential and motivation to successfully establish themselves in the country
- The candidate’s integrity & trustworthiness
There are many FSW processing stages to Canada. However before you think about Canada FSW processing stages, you need to be fully aware that if the application does not meet the new criteria, it will not be processed.
Among others, you need to:
- Have at least one year of continuous work experience in one of the 50 eligible occupations.
- Have a qualifying offer of arranged employment.
- Be eligible to apply through the PhD stream.
Thereafter police verification and clearances will be required before you are granted Permanent Residency (PR).