On 1st December 2011, the Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program or SINP was introduced by the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC). Through this program you can directly submit the applications for obtaining permanent residence to Canada to the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) of the CIC. This office is located in Sydney, Nova Scotia (Canada) This program does not require you to submit the application of permanent visa to the Canada’s visa office. The main aim behind introduction of the Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program is to reduce the time taken for processing the huge number
of applications that come to the visa office. With the application process for obtaining permanent residence in Canada being centralized, the load on the visa office will decrease completely and other visa processes will be handled faster.
What does the SINP offers?
This immigrant nominee program has been put forth as an alternative for the people for gaining quicker entry into the country of Canada. Through this program the Saskatchewan are provided the authority to nominate applicants who are found eligible under the criteria put forth by the province to the federal Canadian government with regards to the landed status of the immigrant. The Saskatchewan program offers:
- The authority to select those applicants who fulfill the requisite skills and abilities found fit by the province’s needs,
- The application processing time is much faster than that required for preparing immigration visa of other federal classes of immigration,
- The program is also assisted by the Provincial Immigration Officers who readily agree to provide detail on processing and requirement of the program.
Using representative for immigration through SINP
Generally speaking, the federal government of Canada does not expect you to hire the services of representative for applying through SINP. But in case you do want to take help of the representative, it is allowed. But then, you should always keep the following things in mind:
- The immigrant representatives do not work for free and can charge heavily for the services you are hiring,
- When you approach the SINP through representative your application is bound to get a second hand treatment and no representative can guarantee you that it will be given special attention or will be approved by the officials in the immigration office. There are many who think that hiring a representative can make things easier for them as these representatives usually make big promises and boast of good connections inside the office. But no representative is properly attended by the officials and hence you should be ready for rejection of your applications as well.
- It is common misconception amongst people that the immigrant representative has a special quota for himself reserved for immigrants. But no such quota exists or is provided by the Province of Saskatchewan.
- Remember that the SINP on its own do not approve or engage any representatives or agencies for fulfilling their services.
- The website of the SINP and the officials are always ready to provide you with needful information for completing your application and hence expect you to fill the form on your own without contacting any representative.