Getting American Green Card is the dream of almost every second immigrant. To get one, most applicants are willing to cross any limitation. The US Green Card or the US Permanent Residence Visa (PRV) is very much similar to the PRV offered by many other countries, including the Australia and Canada.
Green Card is a very prized status and it attracts millions of applicants. They see it an easy opportunity to live and work in the US indefinitely. However, to get one is not that easy. The blog will give you useful details on the EB-1 Category or the EB-1 Green Card.
What is EB-1 Green Card?
Well, it is essentially an employment based first preference Green Card Visa issued by the US Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS). It is granted to the aliens who have extraordinary abilities (EB-1A), outstanding professors and researchers (EB-1B) and Multinational Managers and Executives (EB-1C).
Only applicants with extraordinary abilities (EB-1A) can self-petition their visa. The remaining two EB-1 sub-Category applicants must have a job offer from an approved US employer. Then, based on the particular category, they must meet the eligibility criteria.
Extraordinary Ability (EB-1A)
Applicants must meet the following eligibility conditions:
- Possess extraordinary abilities in one of the following fields: arts, business, science, education or sports/athletics.
- To demonstrate their abilities they must submit relevant documents in their respective field.
Outstanding Professors and Researchers (EB-1B)
Candidates under the sub category must meet the following eligibility conditions:
- Must possess a minimum of 3 years of teaching or research experience in the applicable field.
- Must have worldwide recognization for their achievements in their respective field.
- To demonstrate their achievements, they need to submit relevant documents in their respective field.
Multinational Managers and Executives (EB-1C)
Applicants under the sub category must meet the following eligibility conditions:
- The applicant must have worked for an approved American employer outside the country for not less than 1 year during the last three years prior to presenting the visa petition in a managerial or executive level.
- Must file the visa petition to continue working with the same American firm/job-provider.
- Furthermore, the US petitioning employer must have been successfully running his business for a minimum period of 1 year.
Unlike the EB-2 and EB-3 applicants, EB-1 applicants do not have to go through the “labor certification” course. Keep in mind, the processing time for the above three subcategories is based on your level of eligibility and is more or less identical. Check with your immigration expert!
Benefits of EB-1 Green Card
The EB-1 Category is most preferred because of the many benefits it offers to its holders and some of them are as follow:
- Waiting period is much shorter than for other Green Card.
- No mandatory requirement of the tough PERM process, meaning the labor department no longer has to establish that the job requirement cannot be filled by the local US citizens.
To learn what type of documents is required to apply for the EB-1 Green Card, or EB-1 Category, get in touch with an expert US immigration consultant!
Summary: Get an EB-1 Green Card. The waiting period for the EB-1 Category is much shorter which means applicants will not have to stand in long queue and the success rate is pretty high.