Hungary Residency Program
The Hungarian Investment Immigration Program, “The Residency Bond Program” is a one of its kind scheme, incorporated in 2012 and is laden with multiple advantages that other contemporary investment scheme of other global locations may not be able to offer.
Simply explained, an aspiring resident has to invest money in redeemable Hungarian Government bonds and in return, he will be granted a Permanent residency card, of course, after depositing all the required documents.
Some of the scope and salient features of the “Hungarian Residency Bond Program” are
- The policy is intended to attract willing investors of countries other than nationals of European Union, i.e. the authorities would prioritize selection of the investors from countries other than EU.
- The government is offering permanent residential permit to the willing investing individuals in lieu of infusion of funds in Special Hungarian Government Bonds that have a minimum 5-year lock in period. The investment does not yield any interest.
- After the lock in period, the investment can be liquidated and the investors would be able to retain their permanent residential status in the country.
- This program has NO specific stipulations connected to Language, Age, Work experience and requirement for furnishing/substantiating proofs of source of money or any other tax return or auditor reports
- In addition, procurement of landed property or establishment of companies is not mandatory under the Hungarian Investment Immigration Program.
- The applicants gaining entry into the country would have open access to Schengen treaty zone by virtue of Hungary being a fulltime signatory of the Schengen treaty.
- The new entrants would also have unimpeded access to vast market of EU.
- The spouse and children under the age of 18 years would be included in the application without any extra charges.
- Comparably cheaper way of gaining entry into EU, i.e. Euro 60,000. (The EU consists of Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and the UK.)
- Guaranteed premature refund in case the application for the permanent residence is rejected
- Applicants enjoy unprecedented freedom of deciding whether they would like to land in the country or not with only exception of maintaining a Hungarian residential address while filing for permanent resident visa
- After the grant of permanent residence permit, visa holders are exempt from fulfilling the requirement of maintaining residence in the country. After being granted the permanent residency, there is no residency obligation and no landing requirement. Applicant can decided whether or not they would like to reside permanently in Hungary.
- Allows the children of applicants to take benefits of Hungary’s public education system
- The program permits the visa holders to buy landed properties, establish business or even take up a job in the country