Among immigrants the world over Canada enjoys widespread popularity and acceptance. The Maple Leaf Country has almost everything that one requires to live a happy and peaceful life. High standard of living, scenic beauty, well-developed infrastructure, thriving economy…the list is long and impressive.
To realize the dreams of 1000s of immigrants, even the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), the apex Canadian immigration body, has initiated various options for immigrants. Among the regular programmes, one of the much sought programmes to immigrate to the country is the Provincial Nominee Programme (PNP).
Many Canadian provinces and territories have self designed PNPs through which the respective governments nominate immigrants. It is a very effective way to fulfill the demand of the local labor market.
If you wish to immigrate to the ‘Land of Milk and Honey’, but have yet not decided in which province you must settle, then you must consider Ontario and should initiate your application through the Ontario PNP. The province is a home to almost 40% of the Canadian population. It is located in east–central Canada and has two very popular cities–Ottawa, the national capital city, and Toronto, the most populated city.
The province is highly developed and it proffers a high standard of living, well-developed infrastructure. It assures social security, and has some of the best education institutions. It is also a national economy hub and is politically very active.
Ontario Provincial Nominee Programme is also known as Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP). Earlier, it was also known as Opportunities Ontario Provincial Nominee Program (OOPNP). Eligible applicants with the right skills, experience, and education are issued an Ontario Provincial Nomination Certificate. The scheme fast tracks their visa applications.
Ontario Provincial Nominee Programme Streams
Applicants may apply for any of the following streams:
- Corporate Stream: It is most feasible for well-established international corporations willing to expand their business in the province. Once the business becomes operational in the region, key staff members may apply for a Provincial Nomination Certificate.
- Human Capital Priorities Stream (aligned with Express Entry):-Eligible candidates–who are eligible to enter the Express Entry Pool with right education, experience, language and skills–are nominated under the stream.
- General Category: Under it, local employers may recruit foreign skilled workers for skilled positions as classified by the Canadian government. At the time of submitting the application these applicants can be either in the nation or abroad.
- Investors Category: It has been temporary discontinued.
- French-Speaking Skilled Worker Stream (aligned with Express Entry): Trained workers with fair knowledge of French and English language, with a keen interest to permanently settle in the province, are given importance. Entitled applicants are nominated by the Ontario government for the Express Entry Pool.
- Entrepreneur Stream: It is structured to attract business people who are keen to manage an existing or start a new business in the province. If the applicants successfully meet the set criteria, they may be nominated for the Permanent Residency (PR).
- International Students Category: Application is accepted under the following sub categories–a provincial nomination certificate, International Student with a Job Offer Stream, and International PhD Graduate Stream.